Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

APC SU1000 battery upgrade for longer runtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiVolt

Technical User
Apr 19, 2005
CA
I've got an APC Smart-UPS 1000, and I'm thinking of upgrading its batteries for longer runtime. The unit itself uses 2x12V 12AH batteries, wired in series.

I also have a Smart-UPS 1500, which uses 2x12V 17AH batteries, and I think they are both essentially the same unit, physically, and even the battery bay is the same size, except in the SU1000 the batteries are half the size, and there's a plate screwed in to keep them from bouncing around, but its easily removed.

I know i wont be able to have the load capacity of the SU1500 (970W), the SU1000 will still have its 670W capacity, but it will just last longer in a power outage.

So what I'm looking to do is just buying 2x12V 17AH batteries and slapping them into the SU1000. Has anyone ever done this, any tips, or warnings?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back