Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

APC Rack Height

Status
Not open for further replies.

polymath5

MIS
Dec 23, 2000
US
OK, this is a strange question. I know it's not a UPS issue, but I didn't know where else to post it.

I'm getting in 4 APC netshelter racks (the fully enclosed type AR2100BLK). They come fully assembled on casters. The specs say they the 'net' height is 81.5 inches. And they say it will roll through a 7 foot door.

Now here's the issue. Our elevator door is exactly, and I mean exactly 7 feet (84 inches). Now I know 81.5 is less than 84 [:I], But I want to make sure that these racks when rolling, WILL get through the doors. In other words, when the rack is in a rolling mode, is it 81.5 or much closer to 84? These things weigh 397 pounds, so carrying them up 3 flights of stairs is out of the question. And the elevator isn't big enough to be able to tilt the rack back to get it in there.

Does anyone have one of these? I'm curious as to it's exact rolling height.
Thanks!

=============
Mens et Manus
=============

Not that this really helps, but after I moved a whole bunch of APC UPS's, I was told that you can remove the batteries in them first.

Makes the units a lot lighter if you do have to carry them up the stairs.

Good luck with the elevator!!

These will be empty racks, so I don't have to worry about that!<g>

Someone measured their rack and it is indeen 81.5 inches, so I'll no problem with the 7 foot elevator.

Thanks!

=============
Mens et Manus
=============

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back