Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

APC ES500C series battery replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

bithead9

MIS
Jan 27, 2003
US
My UPS was beeping constantly (faster then the out of AC power beep). Disconnecting the battery - still beeped! Checked on the APC website and the device is discontinued. I took it apart thinking that maybe one of the internal fuses went. Nope. I then searched forums for tips and came up empty. Finally I just unplgged the thing and let it sit on the bench for a week or so. I then cam back an hooked a known good battery to the unit and plugged it. BAM! that fixed it. seems the battery really was dead but it would not recognize a NEW good battery until the unit sat and discharged completely ??? weird. Anyone else have similar or other experience like this ?

Here is an update. It all SEEMED well for a couple days. Then suddenly the unit started doing the 3 battery low beep. then within a minute four beeps followed by a continuous beep. I am guessing the charging curcuit is marginal and it eventually failed. Still have to get the DVM out and check the battery voltage. But I am betting its near zero volts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back