Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

APC 2200VA

Status
Not open for further replies.

snootalope

IS-IT--Management
Jun 28, 2001
US
it's got the input connection type NEMA 5-20P right.. well i've been trying to track down an extension cord for that.. anyone know where I can get one??

-- |
O

How do you like my drawing!! ha ha :cool:
(it's suppose to be what the plug looks like!!)

snooter

"tis better to remain silent and be thought of as a fool..
then open your mouth and remove all doubt" Mark Twain

"I should of been a doctor.." Me

I hope that my first post is of some help..
I had to purchase a plug, socket and heavy duty wire to make an extention cord for my 2200.. I could only find them at an electrical supply outlet for contractors..

The reason for the different outlet is that it's for a higher-amperage circuit. the regular outlet, with both non-grounded pins parallel, is for a 15 amp circuit. The variety with the flat pins at right angles is for a higher-rated circuit - 20 or 25 amps. Then a 30 amp cable has the flat pins at angles to each other.
If you're making up your own extension cords, be very careful. Depending on your local electrical codes, you might legally need to have a properly rated outlet positioned near your UPS position by a licensed electrician. Your insurance carrier and landlord will care, even if you don't actually create a hazard.

Fred Wagner
frwagne@longbeach.gov

yes, CONTACT THE ELECTRICIAN!!!!!

Want 360 degrees of web design, maintenance, hosting, and advertising solutions for your buisness? check us out at for details!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back