Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Apache won't load

Status
Not open for further replies.

LawnBoy

MIS
Mar 12, 2003
NW6.5 SP2. LDAP has SSL, Tomcat working. No errors anywhere in the logger screen.

I've got no Web Manager via or :2211 and these are the listening ports according to adminsrv.conf.

If I try to load a second instance of Apache with ap2webup I get no errors, but if I then issue ap2webdn I get "apache2 is NOT running".

Again, I can't find any errors to chase. Apache2 never shows up in the modules list, though.

Apparently I still don't have my certificate server setup correctly. No errors that I can find, but the CA fails the tests in step 1 of TID10075982.

Guess I'll try it again.

Juniperr: Thanks, but that's the very TID I refer to in my second post...

Terry: Neither of them show any errors. It's very weird, all the utilities say that everything is perfect. No errors, no warnings; I can reboot and no probs in console.log or in the debug screen history. It just won't work.

I've decided to do the old rip-and-replace following TID 10050254 BUT it says I need to reload the CA using the SP2 overlay CD. OK, no prob, I got the .iso for the OS and burnt it ok but I've downloaded that 570MB Produx overlay from BOTH clusters and they BOTH have ARJ security errors unfolding.

AAAARRRRGGGG.

put at the root of the c: and uncompress from command prompt only.

Juniperr: Yep, and when you do it says "Damaged ARJ-SECURED archive!" and bails out.

I've now d/l'ed that sucker from the Australian mirror, and the FTP site in Japan. Same results everywhere. There's got to be a cache somewhere I'm feeding from that's got a bad copy. Gonna try to fetch it from my DSL line at home tonite, I know that takes a different route...

must confess - i've pulled this a few times and no probs what so ever

from work and at home -

I got a good copy from home. Some jerk has cached it, and doesn't flush his cache.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back