Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Apache Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

axslinger

IS-IT--Management
Jul 10, 2000
US
Greets,
I have Apache running on an older Caldera box. I have two NIC's in the box. One public, one private. I can access webmin from the outside on the public nic. And I can access my normal default home page from inside. I can even access it via SSH. But, I cant get at the default home page from the outside. I have tried flushing all my IPTABLES rules and that didn't help. The logs don't show anything regarding the connection.

As a test I tried making it listen on port 8000 instead of 80, but it didnt help.

In the httpd.conf file I have it set to listen on port 80 of my public ip address. In addition, if I try to access the public IP address from the INSIDE, the page opens fine. It appears to be a security/permission issue but I can't track it down. Any help would be welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back