Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Apache Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe689

Technical User
Oct 1, 2003
US
I finnaly got apache to listen to the ip i wanted it to. The ip is dynamic, and the dns server is updated with the correct ip every hour. Although the dns is pointing to the right ip, and apache is listening on the ip, it does not seem work when trying to use the domain leecomp.us. If someone could possibly run a trace and see where it is going wrong. To get the current ip check the dns sever, or just see what leecomp.us is currently pointing to. I have already tried reconfiguring the dns to work around a port 80 block if there was one, but there wasn't and the same problem exists. Is there something really big that i am missing here. Everything looks good, Apache on ip, dns pointing to ip?

Any insight
Thanks
JOe

Your ssh seems to work to that domain but apache is not responding on port 80.

Do you have a NAT and is apache only listening on the internal NAT address?

The easy way around this is to do a Listen * in the config. That tells apache to take anyone who comes on port 80.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back