Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Apache prefork mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

krats

Programmer
Feb 18, 2010
US
As far as I know, in the prefork model, a single child process (no threads) handles each input request. So I am assuming the response is sent after the chid process finishes processing the request. Also, the child process sets its state as idle in a scoreboard as and when it finishes processing the request ,so that, the parent process can keep track of number of idle child processes. My question is that, if I use the prefork model (configured for only one child process) and I have a module that launches a seperate thread within the child process to do my work and just returns an HTTP OK response, from the main thread, the parent process would still assume the child process is idle but the child is actually doing something (in the seperate thread that I launched). I was wondering what the behavior would be in this scenario .

Thanks
krats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back