Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Apache on windows questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hokey

MIS
Oct 28, 2000
US
I have always ran Apache in some type of *nix enviroment, but I have just started a new job and my current employer insists on useing Windows 2000/03 Servers, but dosent care about what WebServer software I use. I tried using IIS, and it work for most of my stuff, but there are a few things that it dosent do exacty how I want.

So the question I have for all of you is:

Which version of Apache (1.3 or 2) do you recomend using on a Windows 2000 server? .... is there wide mod support for both? .... are there mods for using the AD or local user/group accounts for directory security?

Any comments are much appreciated!

All of the above.

For full mod_ support I would stay with the 1.3.x series in general. There is a broad community of windows apache folks and just about all of the standard modules will run in both places.

After reading through my main module (PHP), I have gone with Apache 1.3x as the base server (for now anyways).

My next delima is password protected directories using the Active Directory usernames/passwords. Right now I am thinking that I will need to use some type of auth_ldap ... anyone setup this type of authentication connection before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back