Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Apache.exe error

Status
Not open for further replies.

jianbo

Programmer
Dec 19, 2001
US
Currently I always got some error message like :
"Apache.exe error"
"The instruction at '0x6f68fbe' reference memory at '0x000004'. The memory couldn't be read".
I don't know whether my Apache server has problem or PHP programming cause the problem. Though those annoying message was generated frequently, till now I didn't find any problem on running PHP page.
I am running PHP 4.2.3 on Apache server 1.3.20 , my OS is WINDOWNS NT.
Thanks.

The memory couldn't be read - sounds like a generic error that has more to do with your OS. Consider upgrading your Apache server. I believe the current version for 1.3 is 1.3.33
PHP as such is IMHO not the likely cuplrit.

Actually I have two PC, one is local test server, the other is the production server. They have the same OS, same Apache server, same PHP. I don't know why only production one has the problem while local one works fine. And Apache/PHP has been running almost two years, then suddenly this error appeared.

Have you considered a hardware (RAM) problem?

Could be. But if it is with RAM, why only Apache has problem. Other applications such as SQL server never has this problem? I am going to check it. Because it is production server, I feel real headache to change anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back