Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

apache config

Status
Not open for further replies.

vejan

Technical User
Jan 19, 2007
US
installed apache on my debian web server1. Using dynamic hosting service from dyndns.org so people can find & use my server at home. I use 192.168.2.xx as its address.My router address is 192.168.2.x. My ISP uses dynamic id address.
I wanna test to see if my web page on the server is available to family members.
All I get on #2 computer on the same network is the log in page of my router. I turn off server and I get-"page unavailable", turn it back on and 5 mins later, I get router log-in form again. The router settings are changed to DMZ for server1 and port forwarding 80 & 21 for server1. What am I doing wrong?
If I put in IPaddress of server1 on #2 computer. I get the default index page of Apache.

What are you using for the ServerName in httpd.conf? Remember that if the domain name is a subdomain of dyndns then you must not use part of the ServerName. The line should look like this:

ServerName mysub.dyndns.org

You also don't need the server in the DMZ. Port forwarding should be all that you need. If port 80 is being blocked by your isp, remember to use a different port both by dyndns and your router's port forwarding and apache should also be set to Listen on whatever port you end up using. For more help you may want to move this thread to the apache forum. Good luck.

Have you set up the server in the DMZ of the router?

The answer is "42"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back