Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

jezza33

MIS
Oct 30, 2000
GB
I want to setup a VPN connection to our Firebox 700 via an AOL dial-up connection to the internet. When I setup my MUVPN clients with other (non-AOL) Dialup connections, I adjust the TCP/IP settings of the Dial-up to use the DNS server on my network, but I do not seem to be able to do this for an AOL connection.

Any ideas?

AOL is a proprietary piece of software. The dial-on demand connection is created by the AOL application.

YOu need to either configure your firebox and MUVPN settings to use the virtual adapter mode. This creates an additional dial-up object as per a MS PPTP VPN connection. Or, you need to give your machine a hosts file and use this for name resolution.

On a seperate note, I've actually found network performance using MUVPN, virtual adapter mode and AOL to be exceptionally poor. I had to resort to using MS PPTP VPN connection for the user inq uestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back