Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AOL PROBLEMS??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

coach2

Programmer
Oct 7, 2002
US
Anyone else out there having trouble with AOL 6.0 when they update.When it happens to me it freezes all applications causing me to sign-off,then aol updates it's files then i can sign back on.Does anyone else have this problem and does anyone know of a way to solve this,beside just getting rid of AOL.

1.open AOL->don't sign on->on the toolbar click myaol->preferences->graphics->decrease the "maximum disk space for online art" from 20 to 1MB->ok->close preferences->close AOL.

2.after a few seconds open AOL again to come to the signon screen->don't sign on still->on the toolbar click myaol->preferences->graphics->increase the "maximum disk space for online art" from 1 to 20MB->ok->close preferences->close AOL.

3.go to u r america online folder at C:\program files\ and delete AOLTemp and TOD folder.

go ahead and sign on...

also try this:

go to "c:\program files\america online\backup" folder and copy the main.idx file to "c:\program files\america online\idb"->yes to overwrite.

open AOL ->detect the modem again and click on yes to change for all access numbers. AOL Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back