Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AOL Email Problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadw

IS-IT--Management
Aug 15, 2002
US
Some people that have AOL accounts are not getting me emails, but other are receiving my emails. The people that I have talk to have not changed any setting for the accounts.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem. AOL tech. support was no help.

Thanks,

Many admins on this forum have reported that this is frequently due to reverse DNS lookups not resolving properly or not at all.

Is your exchange server using DNS to send e-mail outbound (this is the default)? If so, does the public IP address for it have a reverse DNS entry somewhere?

You will have to work with your ISP on this, if they haven't delated the zone for the reverse lookup to you.

Another problem is that AOL is blocking mail from many DSL users.

They are blocking entire IP address ranges. It doesn't matter what your domain name is, it is based completely on your IP address.

Hope this helps.

Glenn

Glenn
Do you know what that range might be or where I can find a list of those ranges. I am having this problem as well.
We have a couple of people here who must get email from aol accounts. Any Help would be great..

Thanks

Your Al Meyers Kid..You Look Pretty Stupid To me.

Jbud thanks for the info

abuthemagician:
I cannot make cleints choose whom the use as email provider.The attorneys I work with deal with many citizens rather then large companies. Thus the reason for pursing the AOL issue.

Your Al Meyers Kid..You Look Pretty Stupid To me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back