Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AOL and Windows Dialup Networking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi all,

Anyone have any success dialing into AOL with Windows Dialup Networking? Or rather, has anyone has had any success dialing into AOL using an application other that AOL's crappy software?

I know that my username/password is correct because it works fine using AOL's software. But when I try to use DUN it won't authenticate. I tried using an ISDN device as well just so I can perform some WAN traces. I get PAP authentication failure (At first AOL tries to negotiate CHAP but does agree to PAP). PAP auth failure means incorrect username/password. So i figured that perhaps AOL's application automatically appends the username with some other info such as maybe the realm (aol.com) so I tried username@aol.com just in case the number I was dialing was performing port wholesaling to AOL's RADIUS servers.

Anyway, I just don't know why it's failing PAP auth. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back