Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AOL 9.0 System Information wont work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomgg

Technical User
Jun 9, 2002
US
Hello Everyone: This is really bending my mind, i installed aol 9.0 and all was well for a while! Here is what is happening, i usually go to the aol icon near the clock and right click it to bring up AOL System information from the Dropdown menu! Then i delete temp cache files from here! It worked fine for two days, then without warning, i could not get it to come up anymore when i clicked on it. So after lengthly talks with aol, they dont know what is wrong. I figure the problem is that SOMETHING is Stopping it from gathering and exposing the system information, because i even reinstalled the aol .90 three times, because i thought the Sinf.exe file was corrupt and it still will not yeald the aol system info! It created the file ok, but will not open. Does anyone know what could stop the computer from showning the "Sinf.exe" file? I dont have a system restore point to go back too, so please foret that! I even tried going back to my old version (which always worked before) and i get the same Error message! Everything seems ok in System Properties (no yellow trianges with exclamation marks! AOL installs Great Except this one feature (aol System informaion) something has to be blocking it from downloading just this part of aol? Any idea's would be appreciated, maybe someone had this same problem and can let me in on the secret???????Thanks, Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back