Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AOFO Setting Greyed Out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

felixx

IS-IT--Management
Oct 12, 2006
US
Looking in my settings I noticed my AOFO is greyed out. I looked in system32/drivers/ for VSP.SYS and was able to find it. Why am I not able to change the AOFO setting?

Do you have the liscense installed for AOFO? I know there is a seperate liscense for it.

hrmm. not sure. ill have to ask the boss about that one. why would we be able to install it on the servers and it not work? seems rather pointless. ya know?

Hi

You need the remote agent license installed on the backup exec server (whatever server you installed the main 10d on). You can get to it from the tools option, serial numbers and licensing I think. Add the license there and it works.

You can install any option on any machine but without the BE server having the license it does not work.

Hope this helps.

David

i use 9.1
same method?

and im familiar with the install. thanks!

Hi

Yep pretty sure its the same method. I think since about 8.6 its been this way, but can't be sure.

Hope that helps.

well, since i got everything running, im almost afraid to change anything (if it works dont fix it attitude) so im wondering if I should even bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back