Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Aobe Reader Default Printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbrunet17

IS-IT--Management
Jan 30, 2006
CA
I'm having trouble with the default auto creation of printers in Citrix. We're running Windows 2003 Server Pro with Citrix PS4, and, after having installed Adobe Acrobat 7, the Adobe printer has taken over default rights for all users. Before, what would happen would be that any autocreated user printers would be the default printer in any citrix published apps, but since installing that, the defaut printer is always the Adobe printer, as long as a user has access to it.

Any ideas?

Hi cbrunet17

Could we please have a little more detail.

Are u using policies to set up your printers?

Does this also affect the administrator?

Do you get the same result if you RDP to the server?

Are the printer drivers loaded on the server or are you using the UPD or printer mappings?

Thx

We are using policies to setup the auto creation of printers.

Same thing with administrator.

When RDP'ing to the server, my default locally installed printer comes across and becomes the default. When I log in through citrix, it comes across but is not the default.

As for drivers, I believe its mapping network pritners and using the UDP for local printers.

We are having the same issues. As long as the client stays logged in, they can print to their default auto-created printer through Adobe. But, if they logout and login a second time, the default printer defaults to the PDF printer created by Adobe. The second login still auto-creates a printer for the client, but the applicaton does not see the default printer.

We are running Windows 2000 advanced server SP4. We have client running the 6.3 and 9.15 webclient. The 6.3 client seems to run better than the latest webclient. Although, the 6.3 client has some really strange issues with PS4 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back