Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

anyway to keep empty portal rows from printing? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

machtenx

IS-IT--Management
Dec 2, 2003
US
I've got a database that displays 4 portal rows. However some records only need 2 rows, yet when we print there is a 3rd empty row displayed (the one where you'd put the next portal row in)

How do I make it so that this row doesn't show? Limiting it to displaying 2 rows is not an option since some records do require 4 rows.

Thanks!

Don't allow creation of related records in your relationdefinition.

HTH

JW

...and if you can, don't print portal rows...
rather print what you need from the file the data is in...

JW

Thanks JeanW, I needed to create additional records through the portal, but I got around this by scripting hte print to an alternate printing page with a duplicate relatiosnhip that did not allow creation of portal records. Thanks very much

Awww, now when I print, instead of displaying each portal row, it displays the same row twice. Any ideas why this is happening? I can't print from the file the data is in, need to print the portal rows as they are members of a purchase order

In Windows this is normal, well..normal...
When the print box comes up or the script runs, the screen refreshes itself and brings the first row back up. I don’t think it’s the same with Mac.

That’s why I suggested to print what you need from the related file.

Users don't need to know you're printing from the related file. Place a 'printer' icon in your portal. Create your script in your related file (switch to layout, sort, find, or whatever and print ) then create a script in your main file which performs that external script and attach this script to your icon or button.

But twice the same row ?
Hmm...are you sure the relationship is correct, that the fields in the portal are based upon your relationship ?
When in browse mode are the two rows the same, or only on the printout ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back