Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyway to crop a plate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skendrick

Technical User
Mar 31, 2003
We are doing a website for a restaurant and took pictures of some plates with food on them. We want to crop the rest of the background out other than the plate. Is their anyway to crop circular and not square? We have Fireworks MX and Photoshop 7.

Thanks in advance,
Sterling

This is pretty much exactly what I need to do (except it's not plates I need to crop). There are no replies, but did you find a solution?

In FW, if you click and hold down the button for the Marquee tool (the dotted square) it gives you the option of an Oval Marquee (a dotted circle).

That should do what you want.

failing that, use a mask, and delete the background with that. (magic wand tool, or the lasso, modify, add mask, hide or reveal selection- dependant on if you selected the background or the plate, and drag the mask from the layers to the biin, apply mask when the dialog pops up.)

----------------------------------------
Sometimes, when my code just won't behave, I take it outside and make it listen to britney spears music, and when it comes back it's really well behaved. I wonder if it's suffering from post tramatic stress syndrome now..

anyone notice the date on the original post?

[fish] No Dolphins were harmed in the posting of this message... Dolphin Friendly Tuna!

Ever feel like you're banging your head against a tree? I did, so I cut down the tree.

LMAO,
No I didn't until you mentioned it.

----------------------------------------
Sometimes, when my code just won't behave, I take it outside and make it listen to britney spears music, and when it comes back it's really well behaved. I wonder if it's suffering from post tramatic stress syndrome now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back