Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anything I should know before installing Crystal Reports 2013 on Win 7 Res 3700 5.4 Server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BWDave

MIS
Oct 25, 2016
US
Hello! I was planning on installing CR 2013 v14.1.5.1501 onto my Windows 7 Res 3700 5.4 Server. Just wondering if this has caused any issues for anyone. I dont have a test server at this time to make sure the install won't break anything else.. Any info would be greatly appriciated!

Thanks!

Dave F
Erie, PA

It shouldn't But it might It doesn't But it has in the past. Its Micros!
What is your purpose? If its just changing and manipulating reports i would suggest installing Crystal on another computer then your server...a back office workstation, your laptop etc. Chane your reports there and put them onto the server That's what i do.. Just to be safe. Had one bad experience once making for a full reinstall of RES.

Hello and thanks for the reply! Yes, just for updating reports etc. Your bad experience is exactly what I’m worried about. We are open 7 days a week so if anything breaks there isn’t much time to fix it. I will take your advice and install Crystal on another office PC. Hopefully connecting to the micros DB will be uneventful.

Thanks again!

Yeah, so trying to connect to the DB of the micros server from another PC doesnt seem to be very simple.. Any ideas on that?

If you just want to edit reports you dont need to connect. Copy the report you want to edit to the new computer. edit it and save it back on the server as a custom report. If you want/need to connect to the server so you can see the data as edit the report you need to setup your computer as a RES backoffice workstation(not running OPS) Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back