Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

anyone with experience with the MCD License Manager Option? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RossBC

Technical User
Jun 13, 2009
CA
am really curious if ALL user licenses are then able to be transferred/moved among ICP’s

Specifically the ones that may have come in the initial license package or have been migrated from an upgrade from a 200ICP.
Getting vague answers from Mitel and it is an expensive option to buy to try it to find out.
Hoping someone has implemented it on an existing/migrated/upgraded customer
thanks

Yes we have a couple of these

You still need at least 1 physical controller for the designated license manager - can have virtual in next release of 6 (I think)

When the systems are joined to the group , all licenses become available for sharing.

If a node with an initial license pack gets removed though , i think those licenses get removed with it and you have to deallocate the hardware ID in the amc to stop license violation errors.
- once an ARID is in a GARID , it cannot be removed

There is a good description in the online help

for new installations , mcds come with a single user license .
all other licenses are added to the group - users, mailboxes , digital links , sip trunks , compression etc and can be allocated to whatever MCD is in the group

if a user is deleted , you can remove the license from that node and it will then be available for use elsewhere

There is a UCC version of this license sharing( for MAS UCA MBG etc) which we dont use because of the limitations with changing between UCC levels

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

I have found that there as some licenses that can't be moved. Ones migrated from an SX2000 and SX200 ICP are a good example, but I think Billz66 has it pretty much covered.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

I never mention those system because we started working with mitel's when 3300's were at level 8 .
Never even seen an SX .The oldest controllers I have seen are an LX running Version 7.

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

thanks for the feedback. in this case, the customer has sites that were migrated from 200ICP's and no IP user licenses have been purchased at those sites since.
I am thinking that those licenses won't be movable.

Typically if you go through the process to move licenses from an SX2000 or a SX200 ( Digital link, ACD agent ), those licenses can't ever be moved from where they are originally assigned.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

update
we did go ahead with the customer in question.
all user licenses that had been migrated from the 200ICP's were available to be moved to the DLM.
th original package (16) were not

Just remember this:
- Before you can use the DLM all systems must be at the same SW version in a cluster and the SWAS period must be the same length.
For example: The SWAS of all systems must be valid till february 2014.
- Original packages (like the 16-user-package are not movable across the cluster.
- Also all members of the DLM must be visible by SDS.

The problem with TCPIP jokes is that when I tell them, all I want is an ACK but usually get FINs and RSTs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back