Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone willing to show how to convert ZEN bootable cd to USB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

connan23

Technical User
Jun 25, 2012
CA
I'd like to convert my bootable zen cd to usb bootable Zen but I don't know how.
I followed instructions that goes like.. format the usb key with fat32, syslinux it, and copy the boot folder from my zen boot cd into the usb.
It doesn't work..
I'm an extreme newbie. Please someone, step by step, simple english, detailed info on how to convert bootable zen cd disk to USB key would be great.
Thanks

Most of the references I have seen about creating USB boot-able images use a utility called unetbootin (unetbootin.sourceforge.net). While it comes with a predefined set of images, your supposed to be able to make a USB boot from a custom image.

I tried this program but it doesn't convert to usb using the bootable zen iso. It works fine bured as cd but not as usb.
it boots alright but..only to asking "insert cd 1..." cd boot doesn't do that so if there's a sure way of just converting this bootable cd to usb
that would be great

I used this to make a "Mint" bootable USB "stick".

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

Or in this thread -> thread619-1681141

this gets a mention.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back