Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone using the Perle IOLAN+ Terminal Server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhanson184

Technical User
Jan 3, 2003
US
I am trying to connect this terminal server up for connecting into a S8700. I do get echo but no login or any other access to the Perle terminal server. Anyone using these devices? If so is there and special terminal/printer DB25 needed? or a special DB8 cable? I have tried moving pins in the DB25 to what Perle's web site suggests to no avail.

Thanks

BHanson

Thanks

Do you have the rj45 to serial cable that should have come with the Perle Server? Connect to a Com port on a laptop or PC and make sure you are setup correctly(you will need a 9 pin to 25 pin cable and a null modem), set up Hyperterm with bit 7 Parity none Stop 1, and make sure your rj45 is plugged into port 1.

Let me know if this helps or what other problems you are having.

I am connecting to a dumb terminal. There were no adapters or cables included with the terminal server. I am connecting to the DTE port on an Avaya 715 terminal.

Thanks jaymzter;

I didn't look far enough into your document. The good news is it is the one I was using for reference. Overall your site is very helpful and I have shared it with a lot of folks that do not subscribe to tek-tips for whatever reason.

BHanson

We had 2 bad units before the magical 3rd IoLAN+ worked ...

Was a nightmare - and the documentation had the cabling backward for the DB9 ..... I only tried it the opposite of how it was shown out of pure frustration .... and it worked!

After telling Perle that they had terrible support and that their documentation was wrong - they hung up on me.

Imagine that.

Good luck on your IoLan - ours was a beast.....

I have an Avaya S8700// we currently have an IOLAN+104 configured to run the SAT terminal on port 4 is set to connect to the CLAN port 5101... now we want to be able to add a couple modems to the IOLAN to have a dial-in connection... I want another way in besides the USB modem and the LAN access ( telnet ).. I have documentation on how to set up the port on the IOLAN I also have the pinout for the RJ45 to DB25 bable... where I am having trouble is the config of the modem.... when I plug the modem in the IOLAN locks up and the SAT stops responding???? Any ideas??

thanks reid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back