Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone using Call Flow Extract by UTILCALL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAMMN77

Programmer
Mar 11, 2016
US
Hi All!

I came across and old post regarding automating list usage extension commands for a huge number of stations. The post mentioned a tool named Call Flow Extract to do the job. I checked out their website, and am just wondering if anyone can provide some feedback if you are using this tool and how well it works for you. I'm most interested in its ability to perform the list usage command in mass for thousands of stations. Also interested in its ability to automatically create call flow diagrams from a vector.

Any feedback would be most helpful! Thanks!!
Jackie

It has been several years since I used it. It was very good at the time for providing the cross references of where extension number are used. I don't remember if it did stations or not, to long ago. I did not like the way it did call flow diagrams but that is a personal preference as to the detail level you want them at.

Looking at the software right now, not sure it will work based on that it is designed for Avaya version 4 and 5.

Thank you Tolson! I appreciate your feed back. What do you mean when you say you don't think it will work with Avaya version 4 and 5? Don't you just export the data out to a network drive file and then run Call Flow Extra toll on that? My biggest need is to perform list usage extension on thousands of stations.

Hi, I think you mis-understood what I said. It will work for versions 4 & 5 of the pbx. No sure it will work on newer versions of the switch. The software logs into the switch as an existing user and run various commands to get the info. It captures all of those screens and then presents a HTML file to you. It does not read the data from files you extract from the pbx.

I believe you can download a trial version of the software. It does have limits until you purchase the license but I believe it is enough for you to try and verify that it does what you want before buying the full license.

Thank you for the further details Tolson! I will perhaps give the trial version a try.

Have a super day!
Jackie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back