Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone Using Aventail SSL VPN for IP SoftPhone/IP Agent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jono73

Technical User
Jul 7, 2004
US
Putting out a feeler on this topic. I have been put in a position to support remote workers via Contivity Extranet VPN and Aventail SSL VPN connections - and was wondering if anyone had experience on these fronts.

I have created the IP Network regions for each of the address ranges covering each client, and have had to turn off IP to IP Audio so that I can get 2 way talk paths between remote workers. I have also adjusted codec sets so that they at most use 729.

Because I can't control the "last mile", I am running into all sorts of issues - making me think that I should move these people to telecommuter role. I'm interested in hearing if Telecommuter role is industry standard for remote call center people, or if there are a few brave souls out there who have gone to pure IP.

Any info or experience you can pass on would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back