Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone successfully loaded Call Manager on a laptop? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stenlonus

MIS
Mar 5, 2001
US
Has anyone successfully loaded Call Manager on a laptop? I tried the steps for loading CCM on a generic PC, and can successfully load the software. But after the install the Call Manager services will not start? Any one else having this problem? I'm loading it on an IBM Thinkpad T40, 1.4 Ghz Centrino, 512 MB ram, 40 gig HDD.

Which version of ccm have you installed? it could be memory or CPU related.

According to the classes I took at Global Knowledge for CM and Unity Cisco went to great lengths to make sure it would only work on HP/Prolient servers and some IBM servers.

I bet there are hacks to make it work though, but I dont know what they are.

-Mesa

I've put a comment in one of the other threads on this topic. You need to have the laptop connected to an active LAN, otherwise IIS fails to start and you can't connect to CM with a browser. CM is running but you can't browse to it.

I successfully installed CM on T42 and on other various desktops and servers which are not Cisco-approved. It does not matter what hardware you are using as long as you have reg keys and start with 2000 server with SP3. Cisco is using reg keys as the only means to verify supported hardware. It is so easy to fool, just search for previous posts.
By the way Global Knowledge sucks big time. I heard so much of them and decided to take a course. What a waste. Never again. Their courses are good for those who have no clue what CM is. Even if you have limited experience with CM don't bother with GK, just get a ciscopress book and use cisco.com. Save yourself a grand or two.

And Unity does not even check for supported hardware. Just start with 2000server SP3 and from there it's all smooth sailing. The only bump is the licensing file because it is tied to the MAC address and is easy to fool as well.

Thanks for the info ys211. What would you need to do to get the Unity license file to work on a different PC?

spoof MAC address. i would only do this in the lab and not in production.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back