Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone RHCE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 12, 2003
US
I am thinking about taking RHCE, if anyone has some secrets or ideas please give me some. thanks!

Red Hat ask takers of the RHCE exam to sign a non disclosure agreement.
Red Hat do provide a one week course + exam at end of course.
This course has the prime purpose of enabling reasonably experienced UNIX technicians to pass the exam.
Not for beginners, in my view.

if you don't have any linux/unix experience, you can forget about the rhce,...the only way to pass it is study study study,...it's no joke, written then hardware test. goodluck though,.....

john danger,
bs computer science
rhce,linux+,mcp,mcsa,mcse,mcdba,ccna,ccnp,ccie written

The RHCE is an advanced Linux certification. It is a 6 hour exam where you take 2 performance based labs (2.5 hours each) and a 1 hour written exam. The test alone cost $749, so make sure you know your stuff if you plan to take it. The best study guide for the exam is just going over Red Hat's exam prep guide. Make sure you know everything in the guide. I would post a link to it, but Red Hat's website seems to be down right now. It's easy enough to find though.

Taking the RH300 course is a good prep for the exam, if you have the $2500 or so to pay for it. Its a 4-day cram followed by the RHCE exam on the 5th day.

If your not quite ready for the RHCE, then you can take the RHCT ($350) or LPIC-1 exams (2 exams at $100 a piece) instead.

ChrisP
RHCE, LPIC-1, CCNA, CNE, MCSE, +10 others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back