Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone playing with Flash Forms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarky78

Programmer
Oct 19, 2000
GB

I've just started to play with flash forms, and from what I have seen i am really impressed. Now the only thing that is bugging me is that from a flash form you can't upload a file to the server.

We are planning to use the flash forms for administration screens and this is a real problem, as some of our sites use several upload forms, to get multimedia files onto the server.

I am sure that when I saw MX 7 demo'd that they showed uploading through a Flash Form! Did anyone else go to an event and see this, or am i just going mad?

Also, anyone playing with cfcalendar? Know how to bind the data in one to the data in another cfcalendar, to allow the second calendar to start on the date selected by the user in the first one?

Tony

here is the livedocs page for cfinput

i didn't read the whole page saw this in the bullited list under "type"

The input control type to create:

button: push button.
checkbox: check box.
file: file selector; not supported in Flash.
hidden: invisible control.
image: clickable button with an image.
password: password entry control; hides input values.
radio: radio button.
reset: form reset button.
submit: form submission button.
text: text entry box.
datefield: Flash only; date entry field with an expanding calendar for selecting dates.

If you don't ask the right questions, you don't get the right answers. A question asked in the right way often points to its own answer. Asking questions is the ABC of diagnosis. Only the inquiring mind solves problems.

-Quote by Edward Hodnett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back