Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone pass the 640-901 exam 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

drae73

Technical User
Apr 26, 2002
US
Hello everyone. I was curious if there is anyone who has passed the new 640-901 exam? Any response will be greatly appreciated. How did your sim go? Please let me know, thanks

I HAVE PASSED IT , SO MAKE YOUR QUESTIONS.

i WILL TRY 2 INFORM U THE BEST I CAN. CCNA
System/Network Administrator

ISP) Feb 28, 2003
Hi..
im having isdn line with 128 kbps with cisco 800 series router and getting bandwidth from one of the isp in india problem is:

INT BRI0 CONFIGURATION IS LIKE THIS:
ip address negotiated
encapulation ppp
dialer string XXXXXXXX
dialer-load threshold 225 either
dialer idle-timeout 185
dialer-group 1
ppp pap sent username ramesh password XXXXXX
....OK

WHENEVER IM GETTING BROWSING WITH CHANNEL1 THEN IM GETTING GOOD BROWSING AND CHANNEL 2 IS UP IF IM USING MORE BANDWIDTH AND BROWSING IS ALSO GOOD. ONCE BANWIDTH IS GETTING DOWN ,CHANNLE2 IS SUPPOSED TO GET DOWN AND CHANNEL 1 SHOULD UP,BUT HERE IM GETTING THE REVERSE THING WITH MY ROUTER ...AND IM GETTING VERY SLOW BROSING WITH EVEN LOCAL SITES.
PLEASE PROVIDE ME A SOLUTION FOR THIS ISSUE AND IM VERY THANKFULL TO U IF U PROVIDE ME A WORKBLE SOLUTION.

THANK U

I dare 2 say that it is not routers fault.
U must check the ISDN terminal equipment u have .
Can u reset it ? or change it? Please inform me... CCNA
System/Network Administrator

Nivasi

Why dont you start your own thread instead of taking over every one elses. Also the best place for you question is probably in the Router Forum!

Dont mean to be unhelpful, I just done want to keep reading your post in every thread I open

Ste1010

Hey Pavlos, thanks for the response, I have taken the exam and failed by 3 points (697) I felt pretty good about it, I think the roughest parts were the questions that asked what command does ...... and there are actually 2 or 3 commands that can give the info but my main question is about the sim. What was your take and how did you look at it and answer it? Anything you can provide will be a great help, thanks.

HI Pavlos ,
I'm going to take my BSCI , as you have already passed , could you please tell me , what is the depth of the Qests on BGP ? and , at your opinion ,whic chapter I should give more stress ?

Thanks in advnce

Partha

I've passed the BSCI and from what I remember, get to know your protocols, BGP, OSPF, IGRP, EIGRP, dead timers, update increments, administrative distances, metrics and of course the ole OSI reference model. I also got 3 interactive sims, 2 or 3 drag and drop command questions and 2 command line selections (list commands and you pick the one that best solves the question). Been a few months since i've taken it, preparing for the BCRAN on the 14th of Aug and now my mind is flooded with Remote Access stuff. Did a administrative core dump once I found out I passed. I'll tell ya one thing, transcender helped alittle but on hands experience really helped alot.

SpudNuts(ITC), USN(Ret), CCNA, CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back