Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone not happy with Peregrine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

emeli

IS-IT--Management
Jan 22, 2008
CY
Hi all,

I would like to know in which cases you beleive Peregrine needs updating. Any pitfalls? Any weeknesses?

I think the only issue I have had in the past 8 years I have been working on Peregrine products involves the drop in level of quality support after HP bought them. It has been terrible. HP says they are 'fixing things'... we will see.

On the other hand, I also have been trained in BMC Remedy and have had some exposure to other tools.. Service Center is by far the most powerful tool around in my opinion.

What happens when Service Desk and Service Center are merged in release 7.0 should be interesting...

That merging has already been released...

It's basically SC 6.3, and most of the additions beyond 6.2 are enhancements to support functions that SM had that SC did not. Some of those enhancements are pretty cool stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back