Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone know why the font size gets

Status
Not open for further replies.

lantiqo

Programmer
Jun 24, 2012
SE
Anyone know why the font size gets bigger in IE?
I know of the source code to judge that it is:

HTML:
<link href='[URL unfurl="true"]http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Open+Sans:400italic,600italic,400,600,300'[/URL] rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'>

Direct link: but I wish, therefore, that it worked even in IE.

ChrisHunt: I mean the navigation bar; "ABOUT", "SERVICES" etc.

spamjim: That´s exactly what I´m talking about, the text is bolder in IE.
But I am using IE9 so it should work, right?

spamjim:
I never understood if it was possible to solve the problem?
I do not understand:
Code:
if (IE) {
sigh ();
}
and whether it would be in CSS or <head> and if it would save the problem?

The code is a joke (web nerd humor). If a web designer encounters Internet Explorer, they sigh from frustration.

Google is really lousy with web fonts. You might try fonts from FontSquirrel.com instead of Google. Fontquirrel's free downloadable font kits work for IE7/8/9... and all other browsers.

Ok, thanks for the tip!
How do I get it into the source code?
Do you know how to do it?

How do you not get it into the source code?

The fontsquirrel.com downloaded fontkit comes with a demo HTML file. Just copy and paste the CSS in that HTML demo file to your own web page. And copy the font files to the same directory.

Ok, thanks for the tip!
How do I get it into the source code?
Do you know how to do it?

I'm guessing you are a beginner. I would suggest that you read the tutorials on any respective site and if/when you hit a road block then come and ask here or any other technical forum.

We all know how to do it but just giving you the solution defeats the purpose of this place.

Darryn Cooke
| Marketing and Creative Services

We all know how to do it but just giving you the solution defeats the purpose of this place.

Actually, giving solutions (either by revealing specific code or pointing to a good resource) is a core element of this place. But it helps if you meet others halfway. We do not know at which level to converse. If you can be more specific with the problem, we can be more specific with an answer.

I resolve the problem with using another font instead. But another thing I was thought of is:
I have try to change the email address in forms.js but I cant see any message in my mailbox when I send message in the contact form (Contact).
And in index.html it stands (row 223): <form action="#", so I guess you might need something to write there instead of #?

I am still talking about this site:

You may find greater visibility of your new issue by starting a new topic for the form problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back