Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone know where the Great Plains user directory is located?

Status
Not open for further replies.

markcm

Programmer
Aug 2, 2001
US
One of my great plains users encounters a '20666' error upon logining onto a great plains database. This error indicates conflicting information regarding a 'batch close' in progress. This database is reporting the user has no batch in progress, and the parameters passed into the stored procedure 'smcleanupbeforelogin' upon user login, indicates the user has a batch open. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE GREAT PLAINS OBTAINS THE USER BATCH INFORMATION FOR A PARTICULAR DATABASE? I presume the info is located in a Great Plains user directory, but just where is that?

Thanks in Advance,
Mark.

Hi Mark,

There is batch activity information held in various places in the SQL database.

Get all user to log out of the system and then run the following isql on the tempdb

Delete DEX_LOCK
Delete DEX_SESSION

and run this, these are the record locking files.

then try this

in the Dynamics database run

Delete SY00800

This is the system wide batch activity table.

if they don't work do this in the company database

update SY00500 set BCHSTTUS = 0
update SY00500 set MKDTOPST = 0

This is the company batch header file BCHSTTUS is the Batch Status 0 being editable and MKDTOPST is Marked to post 0 being not marked to post

and run these.

If these don't work or you are not on SQL or don't know how to use ISQL drop me a mail and I'll see what I can do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back