Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone know what TIM873 Means?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telecomlady

Programmer
May 22, 2006
US
TIM873 16:53 13/3/2007 CPU 1

TIM873 17:00 13/3/2007 CPU 1

Cant see anything that references it, print the rdlog at the time of the system message in PDT

TL, How long have you seen this message? I seen an old post of yours 'thread798-1257744' back in July and you had the same message on your screen print when your CPU #1 fried. Have you been seeing it every sense or is just now re-appearing?

Go to LD 2 and type TSID. This may be your System ID for traffic reports.

If you type TSID and it shows 873, then there you have it.

OK it is the traffic # and I have been seeing it for a while. Just wanted to know what it meant. So what is the TIM part? It is a problem do you think?

HOLD DOWN CRTL and type PDT, then you need to know the password and run the command rdall..

Do not mess about in Problem Determination Tools (PDT)

Apparently I don't have the right password. Do you know how many try's you get before it locks you out?

I dont think you need to be going into PDT TelecomLady. It is a place than you can really mess your system up if you don't know what you are doing. Killian shouldn't be sending you there in my opinion.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

Thanks John. You know me too well. [wink]

I guess since I have had the error for so long I guess it's nothing. I just hate seeing errors I don't know what they are. Any ideas John?

It's nothing telecomlady. TIM is Time. Basiclly your switch is just looking at it's watch and letting you know what it see's.

The book says,
Time and date of fault
The system identifies the time that faults are detected. When a diagnostic message is output, a timestamp is output within 15 minutes.
The format is:
TIMxxx hh:mm dd/mm/yy CPU x
Where: xxx is the system ID
The time, date, and system ID are set in LD 2.

I am not sure but I think we need to look at the maintenance display of the CPU cards, to see HEX code of fault which is system detected.

Regards,
aasatekin

It is not an error as Tanselm stated, but just a status check. Normally by default it would show as TIM000. You can try resetting back to 000 if you want by LD 2 and trying SSID 000.

Or you can turn it off.

Check out the report schedule in LD 2. It should look something like below. In the example below the reports are scheduled every hour (second line 1). Compare your settings to these. To turn it off change 1 to 0.

.TSHS 01 01 31 12
00 23 1
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

If it's nothing then I'm not going to worry about it. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back