Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone know what the TRSH parameter in the DDB is for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgauth

Technical User
Jul 19, 2002
US
All the manual says is that it is a 'threshold' of some kind. I know you set this in the DDB in Ld 73 and then again on loops you create in Ld 17, but I am clueless as to why. I have always been told around our company to set it to '00' and was curious what some here have theirs set to and why.

The DDB set up and printed in LD 73 is used to assign the Clock reference (required) for the T1/T1s in your switch and to assign thresholds related to timing on those T1s. The TRSH is usually assigned as 00, and most often used for all T1s in the switch, but you may program additional threshold sets for others.

the number of hits a t1 or pri can take before it locks out

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

IF YOU GO TO LD 60 AND DO A LCNT THE PEG COUNTS LISTED ARE YOUR THRESHOLDS

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

If you program you DDB in LD 73 set the TRSH to maximums except BPIC and LFAL which should be set to 0. That way it will let the T1s restore by themselves. The switch becomes very tolorant of wayward T1s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back