Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone know how to set up a Linksys BEFSR41 for remote use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abaseballfan

Technical User
Feb 20, 2004
US
Hi, well I am know computer whiz by any means, so I would appreciate any help on this subject, I have my own small business and really can't afford right now for anyone to come in and set this up, I just have a few files I would like to access from home, what I have is windows 2000 on this machine at work with a Linksys router BEFSR41, and on the other machine it's windows XP home addition, the two types of software I am trying is the remote desktop connection from microsoft and the RealVNC software, I have them both downloaded on each of these machines, okey my question is when I am home how do I access my computer here at work? I am using SBC DSL here, and I honestly have no clue once I get into the router on where to go and how to set it for that? I really get onfused on these ip addresses since the router has one and my dsl has one, I have no clue on what to even use at home for an ip address when trying to get into this computer at work since I have this router on it, so if anyone has the time to write me a step by step process on what I need to do for that to happen I would really appreciate, thanks for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back