Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

anyone know how to get Adobe reader?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougP

MIS
Dec 13, 1999
US
I get a message saying windows is blocking it can't verify publisher.
I have tried all the troubleshooting on the WEB site but nothing works. I thought there was another button to get it an different way but can't find that anymore.
tried for 30 minutes on Xp and windows 7 to no avail.
Enen shut off pop up on XP bbut nothing.
It won't download the file, period.

DougP

Have you disabled you Anti-virus, and allowed Adobe Download Manager to run ?

Fred Wagner

When you get the message that the publisher can't be verified do you not have an option of continuing the download/installation anyway?

Hope this helps.

Please help us help you. Read Tek-Tips posting polices before posting.
Canadian members check out Tek-Tips in Canada for socializing, networking, and anything non-technical.

FredWagner,
we are using Microsoft security essentials, i'll check on that. and Malware bytes...
cmeagan656,
no there is only OK and it quits and does nothing.

DougP

You may need to touch base with you IT department to allow you to install it.

could it be multiple Pop-Up blockers ? there's one in IE, and others that come with the Google toolbar and the Yahoo! toolbar - and those sneak in with Acrobat Reader install or upgrade unless you uncheck a box. You may also need to allow Adobe Download Manager to help with the download.

Have you tried using FireFox instead of Internet Explorer to get to Adobe's site? on two of my machines at home (one Vista, the other win2K) there are a number of sites that don't work, including Hotmail - it lets me enter my userid and password, and then I get an error message - but only in IE. Things are normal in FireFox.

If you're running a Windows Firewall - have you checked in the IIS forum? or the Security, Hacker Detection and Forensics forum? This sounds like a security settings issue rather than an Acrobat issue.

Fred Wagner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back