Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone know how to do server / servant replication?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmosses

Programmer
Nov 5, 2003
GB
Hi

Ok, I've set up a simple server written in Java with a number of servants using a POA and would like to introduce some redundancy into the system using replication.

I don't really know how to go about this, so pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

could you be a bit more explicitly? Do you want to clone CORBA objects?

Ion Filipski
1c.bmp

well, I want to be able to set the server running simultaneously in a number of different VMs (potentially on different machines although that should not be relevant) so that a client can retrieve a reference from the naming service and be connected to any one of the servers.

The servers should also be able to maintain the consistency of replicated objects that hold user data by propogating updates between them, but I should be able to work that part out once I get the first part underway.

Many thanks.

The ORB that comes with J2SE 1.4.2. - hope that's what you mean.

thanks

Yes, it what I mean. If you would use Visibroker I'd say you to sart the smart agent, but I don;t know how to do it with SUN ORB

Ion Filipski
1c.bmp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back