Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone know how to create a login webpage for OWA? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mskennicutt

IS-IT--Management
Oct 18, 2002
US
When I just click the link to \\exchange_server\exchange, I get the pop-up login window but I would like to create an Intranet webpage that has a form where users can enter their username and password and hit a submit button that will pass their credentials to OWA and open their inbox in a new window.

The reason I would like this is that we have a company intranet site and it would look sharp to have the login form right there in the intranet homepage. Plus I could open the OWA window in full screen mode or at least minus the Internet Explorer toolbars and menu.

I know how to create simple HTML forms, but am a little shaky on writing ASPs. Is this something I could realistically do myself or are there any websites you know of with detailed instructions on this? The microsoft OWA trial website has something similar to what I'm wanting:
Anyway just thought I would check here if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!!

Hi mskennicutt,

You just need to enable Forms Based Authentication. It really is quite easy. I use it for all of my users and they really seem to like it. It also give you the ability to choose between Basic and Advanced client. This is nice for slow dial up connections.

There is the link.

If you would like to specify the domain automagically, you will want this link.

This tells you how in insert a small java sniplit into your logon page. This page will then supply your domain\ to preceed your username.

Like I said, I am currently using this, and I really like it.

Enjoy!

Penguin69

Thanks for that post, and a star too! I have implemented the above now, and it works an absolute treat. I have also redirected the default webpage so that users can just type in https:\mailserver and they get re-directed to the OWA login page, saves messing around with users having to type in https:\mailserver\exchange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back