Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone know how this website section was put together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwnh2

Programmer
Dec 31, 2008
AU
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to figure out how a particular section of a web page has been put together. The section I'm looking at is at the following address:

If you click on each of the buttons to the left, ie. where it says "3-Piece Value Pack" etc. the information to the right relating to that product scrolls up automatically.

I wondered if someone could tell me how this was done, ie. actionscript, javascript etc. and whether it can be done in Dreamweaver?

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks

A cursory glance at the page source code clearly shows the javascript used - or is there something else that you're asking?

If you want the best response to a question, please check out FAQ222-2244 first.
'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'
Drive a Steam Roller

Thanks for the replies,

It's good to know it can be done within Dreamweaver. I'll check out the tutorials on lynda.com and the links.

Also aren't the ajax spry widgets already installed in dreamweaver? I have cs4.

Yes, but if you do the pre-release version it puts a whole bunch more on it.
The tutorial I saw on lynda.com was Dreamweaver CS3 Projects: Creating Custom Spry Widgets. The tutorial used sliding panels sideways but the concept is the same.

Okay thanks again for explaining it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back