Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone Know How Change a text box's Color in a Dialog box

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbhullar

Programmer
Oct 26, 2004
US
Is there a way to change the color of a text box in a dialog box, to bring attention to it? I tried using a "disable dlgctrl" to just turn it off, but when you put it inside of a if statment i dont think it executes correctly following the dialog box.

Ex.
start dialog box
.....dialog box
end dialog box

if strcmp ExtractedVendorID gBackEndVendorID
disable dlgctrl 0 5
endif

There is no way to change the color or font of the text displayed in a dialog. However, I was able to use the disable command to grey out a text string in the dialog (I think this is what you were trying to do). Below is the sample script that I used:

proc main
dialogbox 0 0 0 100 50 11 "Text Example"
text 1 5 5 90 12 "Text may be used to make" LEFT
text 2 5 20 90 12 "the function of dialogs" LEFT
text 3 5 35 90 12 "clearer." LEFT
enddialog
pause 5
disable DLGCTRL 0 1
pause 5 ; Show off the dialog text.
dlgdestroy 0 CANCEL ; Destroy the dialog box.
endproc

yes, but i am trying to do a conditional disable of and editbox. it works if you dont place the disable command in a if-endif statment, but once you do it doesnt work.

Are you sure the data in your strcmp command are as expected? I would think if it works outside of an if/endif clause but not inside one that the problem is in the if command. Try adding an else statement to the if command, such as a usermsg command so you can determine if the script executed the path you think it did or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back