Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone know about Pocket PCs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

porkchopexpress

IS-IT--Management
May 26, 2005
GB
I can't find a Pocket PC forum so i'm hoping someone can help here.

Someone has given me a pocket PC to take traveling. It's a HP/Compaq iPAQ 3800 with Pocket PC 2002 on, i've just ordered a wireless card for it but i've got a horrible feeling it said it required CE4 or above and Pocket PC 2002 is CE3.

Does anyone know enough about them to advise i really need to know weather or not it's worth taking by friday.

This is the model

Cheers.

What Model of Wireless card is it? It may help.....

Only the truly stupid believe they know everything.
Stu.. 2004

There is a forum but it's not very active:
forum917

But if it said it needs CE4 or above and you only have CE3 it won't work. However, the 3800s can be upgraded to CE4 (Windows Mobile 2003) with a CD that you can buy for a nominal fee - see some of the links here:

iPAQ H3800 windows mobile 2003

Upgrading iPAQ Pocket PCs to Windows Mobile 2003

Regards

Nelviticus

Stu the card does require CE4 which i thought it was running to start with when i ordered the card, ooops.

Nelviticus, thanks for the links i might upgrade it at a later date but for now i think i'll just have to leave it.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back