Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone know a good BOI developer for MAS200?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marms777

IS-IT--Management
Mar 30, 2009
US
We are using MAS 200 v4.3 for accounting and have a separate homegrown CRM system with a web interface (CFML) and MS SQL Server. We need a BOI developer and my local MAS reseller does not know of anyone.

We are mainly purchasers and have new and old vendors sending in boxes to us with name and address information on shipping labels. We store the FedEx Tracking number to a table in the CRM system. Through a web interface they can scan in the tracking number into a for an it will pull up contact information in the CRM. For the user to get the vendor information to the MAS New Vendor Form, they have to do a series of copy and paste moves from each field in the CRM results to each field in the MAs Vendor window (I.e. Name, address, city, state, email etc....)

Our goal is to speed this process up. Through MAS Business Object Interface we want to have a button on the MAS New Vendor form that pulls up a search interface into our CRM system. When a match is found in the new window, the user can click one button and then all the data from several fields would move to all the corresponding field in the MAS Form and then the search window would close.

I will need a programmer to do this, but I need to have some knowledge of the possibilities from some experts out their to know what I can or should ask for.

1. Can this senerio be done using BOI? Most of what I had seen in the whitepaper involved database connections between MAS and an outside datasource. In this case I don't see that as necessary. The foreign search app "spawned" by MAS will just need to be able to pass field values back to the MAS form.

2. Can this be done using a web interface and vbscript or JavaScript to pass the values? Being a web developer that created the CRM I would like to keep it this way so I have more control over the app in the future and it would save a lot of development money since this form is already done. I would need a developer to work with the BOI in spawning the window and the client side script to pass the values.

3. If I can't do #2 with the web form, what programming plat form would be the easiest for a developer to work with and most cost effective? (ie. .NET, Java, C# etc...) Also note that beyond the one tracking # field in the "Search form" I also have all the other data fields like name, address, zip etc.. to do LIKE AND searches on.

Does anyone know of someone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back