Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone installed 2008 Server R2 x64 on a HP RP5700?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jipper

MIS
Mar 14, 2012
US
It won't boot off the CD/DVD and run for some reason?? I know the setup DVD is good, I just used a couple of weeks ago. I have the bios set to boot from CD then hard drive. I hit 'F9' for the start menu and the dvd doesn't show up as an option. I also know the hardware is as I can browse the install dvd, but it won't run in place. Give an error stating "This installation disk isn't compatible with your version of Windows."

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Googling HP RP5700 indicates that this is a POS (point of sale appliance) and not a desktop PC. Looking at the specs it looks like it supports an OEM version of XP/Vista/maybe Win7 but it doesn't necessarily mean it supports straight booting of a standard Windows OS image.

It may have been built for that but it has Server 2003 on it currently. It's being used as a test environment for a healthcare app. This was a turn-key system that was likely staged on whatever hardware they standardized on at that time.

Thanks for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back