Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

anyone install SA 2.3 on a 2003 server? getting sybase error

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddgibbs

MIS
Apr 24, 2004
US
I have a hardware refresh to do and am changing out my 2000 server with tapi/sa to a 2003 server. The tapi portion went fine as well as the initial sa software. Had some issues with the sybase 12.5 and zion processors. Found that I needed to copy the install directory to the local drive and run a zip file from sybase to get sybase to install. Now I can't get the sybase sqlserver service to start. I keep getting error 1067 Process Terminated Unexpectadly.

Any suggestions would be great.
thanks

ddgibbs, Symposium Agent is not supported on a 2003 server.

Documentation tall, that Symposium Agent is not supported on a 2003 server.
I install Symposium Agent on Windows 2000 Server, but some installation troubles were detected. For install your must next steps to do:
1) Copy all Symposium Agent installation files to hard drive
2) Download from sybase web-site patch for sybase JRE, which used dwith installer
3) Read sybase JRE patch instructions and apply this patch to Symposium Agent installation on hard drive
4) Install Symposium Agent from hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back