Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone here used I-Movies on OSX - Compare to Movie maker 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 29, 2004
GB
Hi all, we're a high school that is primarily Windows based and are trying to decide if we should get a Mac for using I-Movies and video editing. We are tight on budget and a pretty good spec PC is a bit less than a Mac and should be able to cope as we won't be making Spielberg movies.

Anyway i'll get to the point can anyone here compare I-Movies to Movie maker 2.1? Is I-Movies worth us considering the extra cost of a Mac?

Cheers.

P.S i know this is an XP forum but i imagine you'll only be as bias as the Mac forum :)

"Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar." - Sigmund Freud

I havn't used I movie, but just thinking logicaly I would say it's better. I mean i's been around longer, lots longer! Um i-movie also has built in DVD export, I don't think MM2.1 has that as well. I know my problem with MM2 is that the highest quality export is DV-AVI which it turns out is a microsoft file and as such isn't playable in anything but a microsoft product!
You could try this:
here is one from microsoft (obvously bias):
And finaly one from a OSX forum:

Movies and media stuff Mac is the only way to go, supports more formats easier to navigate, slick interfacing solid operating system, look at it this way Microsoft movie maker is more of an add on and is useful for having a play , where as the mac was built for multi medai applications - no contest really

Jayjaykay

Looks like we are going to go that way.

"Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar." - Sigmund Freud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back