Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone have thoughts on Avaya vs. Cisco?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgelfand

MIS
May 31, 2005
US
Hello!
I'm very PRO Avaya, but our company wants to look at Avaya, Cisco, and Nortel for a new phone system.

Has anyone else done the same thing and stuck with Avaya? Anyone converted to Cisco and had 2nd thoughts? Gone with Nortel and had 2nd thoughts?

It'd be for a 400+ call center with up to 31 PRI's.

My view is that Cisco is great for office phonesas they are easy to move/setup, video-conf, user-friendly. Avaya has more call centre functionality. Avaya have been making switches for call centres for decades and have built up a very comprehensive set of functions that are invaluable in call routing and reporting.
It is in the functionality that Cisco have a lot of catching up to do.

So in summary, for staff phones and small wide-spread office environment I would consider Cisco.
For a 400+ call centre environment I think Avaya are still ahead by quite a way.

Ronster

mgelfand,

If you go to thread 690-1240444 you will see responces concerning this subject. Page 5 of this forum.

Prflash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back