Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone had any luck with remote IDR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notaro

MIS
May 21, 2002
US
We're in the process of testing IDR. Our test environment is one media server and an exchange server. We're trying to backup and restore the exchange server remotely from the media server. Everything went fairly smoothly when I created the IDR diskettes but its a different story on the restore. When I get to the very end of the restore when it asks for the remote server name, domain, username and password, I enter those which it accepts and starts the restore on the media server from the Exchange server. Then it promptly dies about 10 seconds later. If I go to the media server to look a the failed job log, there is an error about not bein able to attach to \\servername\c$ access denied. I can ping the server I'm trying to restore to by name and IP. It would appear to be some type of authentication issue. I've followed the veritas documentation to the letter. Is there something I'm missing?

Have you resized your disks with the tool of idr wizard?
If yes you can try to resize your disk manually...some times the wizard change the drive letter...

bye

franz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back