Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

anyone familiar with Equallogic iSCSI SAN, setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

simple99

MIS
Jun 18, 2007
AU
Hi,
I'm hoping someone here is familiar with setting up an Equallogic 4000E iSCSI SAN.
In particular connecting and configuring the 'management interface' on the dual controllers.

I want to connect the management interfaces to a separate network on company LAN. (on physically separate switches from the iSCSI network).

But I can't figure out if I need One IP for one of the management interfaces on a controller or two separate IP for each management interface.

I know that only one controller is active so having two IPs doesn't sound right either.

appreciate any assistance.

I wanted to do the same thing but an Equallogic support engineer advised against it, because that takes away from the number of NICs that will carry the iSCSI traffic (thus decreasing overall performance).

What I did instead is I have the Eqauallogic Group Manager installed on a server connected to the iSCSI network and I just remote into that server to manage the SANs. That has been working very well for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back