Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anyone familiar with chip readers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

keithd21

Technical User
Apr 27, 2017
US
Anyone familiar with chip readers? I have multiple locations and ran a test at two of my smaller stores to see how it went. All is good with execution. (They use a third party company that install software on my server). The Price not so good. If i buy same chip readers does Micros require you to use these pass thru third party companies or can I just add the chip reader manually and continue with my normal processor?

Here is what i got from my processor:
I do apologize. I agree you have had a terrible experience. It was bad timing for us as our normal processing changed with they way Micros has us using either Shift 4 or Freedom Pay. I did check with World Pay, TSYS and First Data and they all say we have to use one of those for EMV and there is the extra $.05.

I appreciate any feedback,

Keith

Keith, If you want same service at a lower rate, reach out to me either from website or reddit. I can do better than 5 cents. Most chip readers require additional software to encrypt, send information, decrypt, and write back to your POS.

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.
We answer when they don't
reddit : rossabout

If you do your processing direct with Shift4, they drop the software fees and will give you free readers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back